Yoshinkan Aikido

A training journal of my experiences at the Brisbane Dojo of Yoshinkan Aikido

April 21, 2003

I have decided to return to Aikido training!!!
It was exciting to walk into the Yoshinkan dojo, immediately I could smell the sweat and feel the body heat of people training hard.
Upon my first visit I observed an advanced class preparing for a grading and this was enough to convince myself to return to training.

It has been two weeks into training and I am finding classes to be fast paced and challenging. Techniques covered have been shiho-nage, kote-gaeshi, nikajo osae and sankajo osae.
The ukemi is different to what I have done before and I am having to rediscover my co-ordination in order to practice it properly. But it is coming together, slowly.

Kihon dosa is great!!!! I enjoy the discipline of maintaining balance and posture and I can feel the power that kihon dosa develops.
At the moment the dojo is closed for the Easter holidays, so I have decided to start a journal of my training. Something that I can look back on in the future to see if I really do understand as much as what I think I do and to observe how my training will develop.
If you are interested, the dojo is located at Brisbane, Australia.

I can't wait to get back to the dojo. Yoshinkan aikido is addictive. OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home