Yoshinkan Aikido

A training journal of my experiences at the Brisbane Dojo of Yoshinkan Aikido

May 02, 2003

tyrone.id.au
Shinsa training. I have attended every class this week in preparation for 9th Kyu Grading. My body is tired and I have decided not to attend class tonight in order to rest for the Grading tomorrow, Saturday. I feel confident about the Grading.

Most of the moves I remember from my previous experience with Aikido. The Shumatsu Dosa is a little different to what I used to do, but I have learnt quickly. It is just the hand positions that are different, the footwork is exactly the same. I don't know if what I learnt before was a different style of Aikido or just a variation of Yoshinkan, but I really feel that Sensei Mori's way is the real way. It feels right to perform.

My Shiho-nage is good, I feel confident that I will perform this correctly. The rest if fairly simple for me - Kamae basic stance, Hiriki No Yosei, Shikko-Ho and Ukemi.

I am looking forward to passing 9th Kyu and moving on to more training. I will note tomorrow how everything went. OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home