Yoshinkan Aikido

A training journal of my experiences at the Brisbane Dojo of Yoshinkan Aikido

May 08, 2003

tyrone.id.au
I have passed the Getsurei Shinsa!!!!!!
Tuesday night I went to training and Sensei Mori presented me with my certificate. I am now officially 9th Kyu Yoshinkan Aikido.

It is a good feeling to be part of something that is so great. I am very lucky to be part of a dojo that has a 6th Dan Sensei.
Sensei Mori was very warm when presenting my certificate. He showed me where he had written my name in Japanese as well as English and he congratulated me on achieving success. I look forward to my next grading at the end of the month.

This Saturday students are invited to participate as Sensei's uke!!!! Sensei wants to take some photos and the best shot will be used for the annual demonstration poster of 2003. The demonstration will be held towards the end of the year, September I think. I will let you know the actual date.
It is funny, in the change room all us white belts show great enthusiasm at the opportunity to uke for Sensei, however, all the black belts laugh and tell us "When you uke for Sensei, then you will feel how a technique REALLY works!!".

I look forward to Saturday. OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home