Yoshinkan Aikido

A training journal of my experiences at the Brisbane Dojo of Yoshinkan Aikido

May 16, 2004

tyrone.id.au

There's always little things to pick up on, isn't there?

The other night in training something clicked for me about correct hand positioning for the kote gaeshi throw. A black belt was showing me and it wasn't till towards the end of the lesson that I realised what he was saying.

If you get the hand position right, it can just slide down the forearm to the wrist. It works well when it works. I'll have to remember that for next time.

I feel like I'm in a stagnant phase of my training. Some movements feel like they are getting harder, I don't know why. Maybe I'm just tired or am I just becoming more aware of what I'm doing? I don't know yet.

All you can do is keep on moving, keep on trying and wait for it to fall into place. OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home