Yoshinkan Aikido

A training journal of my experiences at the Brisbane Dojo of Yoshinkan Aikido

March 20, 2004

tyrone.id.au
Back into grading training. My body is tired.

I have trained every night this week. Thursday and Friday nights I did a double class and we really focused on renzoku training. I really feel the effects, but the weekend will be a good rest. Next week I'll train every night again.

As far as techniques go I feel OK. There's plenty of fine points I need to polish but this is expected at my level. I know what I have to do, so, small steps and I will improve.

Friday night one of the black belts did renzoku with me. His hips are so powerful. When he did irimi-nage my feet were completely swept out from underneath me. I landed high on my shoulder with my feet virtually pointing at the ceiling. It was a scary feeling but I didn't actually get hurt. Now I know how these techniques really feel. I've noticed that now that I am wearing a brown belt the seniors are throwing me a lot harder.

Anyone who thinks Aikido is not effective should pay a visit to our dojo.

Another brown belt who is almost ready to grade for black said to me later:

"It starts getting scary once you get higher up the totem pole mate. Believe me, you don't want to be in a rush to get there!"

Grading next Saturday. OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home