Yoshinkan Aikido

A training journal of my experiences at the Brisbane Dojo of Yoshinkan Aikido

May 11, 2003

tyrone.id.au
The photo shoot went well. Sensei's techniques are powerful! Even though he knows my limits as a white belt Sensei still threw me with such power and now I understand the importance of good ukemi. I now see if you don't concentrate on learning good ukemi it is very easy to injure yourself and you will never progress in Aikido.

I can't begin to describe what the sensation was like being thrown. The impact was amazing. But even with what Sensei did with me, you should have seen the throws he performed with the Senior students! The whole day was a valuable learning experience, to watch Sensei throw 3rd Dans and 2nd Dans with such amazing power, I can really start to see what is hidden in the techniques of Aikido.

Back to training Monday. OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home