Yoshinkan Aikido

A training journal of my experiences at the Brisbane Dojo of Yoshinkan Aikido

September 19, 2003

tyrone.id.au
My wrists are sore!!!!! This week has been Sogo Shinsa training and one of the techniques I have to learn is
Yonkajo (2).
I already have large bruises on my wrists and I didn't go to class last night, I want to rest my body. I still have all of next week to practice for the grading which is on Saturday 27 September 2003.

I am enjoying the training for this grading. I am doing two more suwari waza techniques, nikajo and a kokyo-nage technique. I like suwari waza movements, it allows you to focus more on the technique without worrying about footwork and ukemi. I already have strong hips so the knee movements don't bother me as much as some others.

Ukemi is still a problem for me. My renzoku for this grading has another kote-gaeshi throw in it and I always find the ukemi scary. I seem to land on the top of my shoulder or the back of my neck which hurts and vibrates through my skull. If I can, I try to get to the dojo early before everyone else and practice. The dojo has extra mats on the side which you can place on the training mats for extra cushioning. They have this for beginners so you can practice the ukemi without any fear of pain. The extra mats certainly stop the pain but I don't feel my technique improving. Maybe I will ask Sensei for advice.

I think I will rest again tonight and go back on Saturday afternoon. One more week to go. OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home