Yoshinkan Aikido

A training journal of my experiences at the Brisbane Dojo of Yoshinkan Aikido

October 04, 2003

tyrone.id.au
Well, another week over and another grade passed. Next month I will test for Jun 3rd Kyu.

This week has been painful. We did some ukemi practice and I have landed badly on my shoulder. We were doing the ukemi from a kote gaeshi move so I had to do the proper flip, but that is hard. I think I have a fear of hurting myself and I hold back. I'll just have to keep trying as this is something that I want to achieve.

I want to achieve proper ukemi so that I can flip like all the seniors.

There, I have stated my goal and now I will work to achieve it. Some nights I feel discouraged, like I am never going to progress, but I will never give up and I promise myself that I WILL get better. OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home