Yoshinkan Aikido

A training journal of my experiences at the Brisbane Dojo of Yoshinkan Aikido

August 25, 2004

Shinsa Training

You really need to do two classes a night for Shinsa training.

I've found the extra class really helpful for getting a handle on the fine points. I have a couple of new techniques to learn. Basically my grading is on variations of Shiho-nage and Ikkajo.

The concept of step gradings is that you go back to what you learnt in the beginning and repeat it all again. Of course, this time there are variations to the original techniques. The Shiho-nage is performed from Katate-mochi, Yokomen-uchi, Ryote-mochi and Hanmi-handachi. All techniques are ichi and ni.

The Ikkajo set are performed from Shomen-uchi, Kata-mochi and Katate-mochi. All techniques are ichi, ni and suwari waza.

I'm enjoying the training for this grading. I look forward to the day. OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home