Yoshinkan Aikido

A training journal of my experiences at the Brisbane Dojo of Yoshinkan Aikido

July 11, 2004

New Website is Up!!!!

Training goes on.

I've been thinking about practical applications to some of these aikido techniques. I wonder if any of the practical knowledge is ever lost in the modern adaptation of aikido.

The original aikijujutsu was all about the battlefield. There was more than just empty hand and swords. There were spears, horsemen, archers etc. Some of their techniques must have been designed to handle all of these potential situations, but are they still remembered now?

You can come across some weird moves in aikido and you can't help wondering sometimes why you would do a certain type of movement. I feel like I'm turning my back to the attacker, why? If I ask, I never get a clear answer, just an explanation of the movement.

I wonder if some of the original information has been lost. It would be sad if it was. Just because an art becomes a "do" instead of a "jutsu" doesn't mean that it should lose any of the reality of the combat effectiveness. OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home