Yoshinkan Aikido

A training journal of my experiences at the Brisbane Dojo of Yoshinkan Aikido

July 23, 2004

Shinsa Time again

Grading training starts again this Saturday.

It comes around quickly sometimes. This will be my first shodan step. There are five steps to complete and then jun-shodan.

I'm thinking this will be a bit of a shock to the system. For the last 9 months I have done the same grading, with 2 weeks to train for it each time. Suddenly I'm faced with new techniques that I've never seen before, and I only have a week to practice.

It's good to push yourself out of your comfort zone, when you're on the edge you perform. My last grading was too relaxed. I thought I could cruise through it so I didn't train as much as I should have and it showed on the day.

This time will be different. OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home