Yoshinkan Aikido

A training journal of my experiences at the Brisbane Dojo of Yoshinkan Aikido

July 16, 2004

New Website is Up !!!!

They say aikido is related to the sword.

I wonder how may aikidoka know how to use a sword properly?
Not many I don't think.


It seems to me that a lot of people want to explore and enjoy the
movements of aikido, which is fair enough. But they risk the danger of
losing the reality of what those movements are. I've seem some pretty
average bokken in aikido dojos, not that I'm an expert. But having seen
real sword techniques performed by those who practice kenjutsu, I would
have to say not many aikidoka could defend themselves from a real
attack. Does it sound like I'm losing my faith? Not really.


Practicing sword cutting is important and I would like to explore this further in
the future as it can relate back to aikido. Once you learn how to cut
properly, hiriki no yosei ichi takes on a whole new dimension.


All aikidoka should explore the sword and then it will relate back to aikido. OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home