Yoshinkan Aikido

A training journal of my experiences at the Brisbane Dojo of Yoshinkan Aikido

August 28, 2004

Shodan 1st Step

Shodan 1st Step Shinsa is over and I am sore.

If was a fast paced grading, by the time I was getting up from finishing a technique Sensei was already calling the next technique. There was absolutely no rest between techniques.

I made one obvious mistake which Sensei pulled me up on. With Ikkajo I should have shuffled forward with my right foot but I stepped through with the left. Sensei stopped me the first time and instructed me to perform it again. I repeated the mistake a second time and Sensei once again stopped me and corrected me on what I was doing. That's pretty bad.

My grading probably took about 20 minutes and Ikkajo was the last set. Towards the end exhaustion is setting in and that's when mistakes happen. Sensei pulled me up again a second time when through sheer exhausion I went into hidari stance instead of migi. Sensei made me perform the entire technique again and I knew why. The second time I made sure I went back to migi stance first and then changed to hidari.

It felt good to correct myself without Sensei saying anything.

Last was jiyu waza. I can't remember what I did, but I know I didn't hesitate or stop. Sheer exhaustion ruled the evening.

All in all I felt good about the grading. I look forward to receiving my result next week. OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home