Yoshinkan Aikido

A training journal of my experiences at the Brisbane Dojo of Yoshinkan Aikido

May 15, 2003

tyrone.id.au
Aikido is hard.

I have had good training this week, but I don't feel improvement. The other night we did a Sankajo technique.
I was told it was a 6th Kyu level technique, but I found it very complicated. The experience made me lose confidence that I will progress quickly in Aikido. The hardest part was being uke. With one throw I almost landed flat on my head!!

Even Sensei saw that and was looking in my direction.
The black belt I was training with seemed to sense Sensei's concern and instructed me on ukemi.
I still landed wrong.

Later I was partnered with another black belt, a lady, who showed me how to step forward just before the throw.
It made all the difference and boosted my confidence. It is amazing how such a fine point can make all the difference.
I need to remember what she showed me.

I think I need to become more humble with my training in order to learn. OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home