Yoshinkan Aikido

A training journal of my experiences at the Brisbane Dojo of Yoshinkan Aikido

October 12, 2003

tyrone.id.au
I've had a sore shoulder all this week.

Last Friday week, 03 Ocotber, we did ukemi practice all night from the kote gaeshi throw. If you read the last blog you can see it was my opportunity to practice. However, doing ukemi by yourself and being thrown by a 3rd Dan are two completely different things. I landed badly all night.

I felt alright during training because I was warmed up, but the next day I could hardly raise my arm. The whole deltoid area was painful because of bad landings. I wasn't able to attend training until the next Friday just gone. That night was another good night. We did a kokyu-nage throw which allowed me to practice ukemi again, but this throw wasn't as severe as the kote gaeshi.

I felt good at the end of class, although I was exhausted. We were practicing by having one person as sh'te and the rest of us lined up and running in quickly to uke. You don't get a chance to rest and it's great fitness training.

My shoulder is feeling better and I think I'll return to regular classes next week. OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home