Yoshinkan Aikido

A training journal of my experiences at the Brisbane Dojo of Yoshinkan Aikido

December 13, 2003

tyrone.id.au
I have progressed through my first week of Grading training.

I have encountered many techniques that I have never done before. Basically, variations of what I already know, so Sensei doesn't necessarily teach them to us. He will say the name of the technique and we have to think about it, putting it all together in our heads based on what we already know.

It's an intimidating way of training because I suddenly feel like a beginner all over again.....hesitating, looking at my feet and thinking about it all in my head before moving. I feel slow and uncoordinated with my movements.

Training with some of the seniors, they start calling techniques that they want to practice. One guy called a suwari waza technique that left all of us confused. It was a version of irimi nage which was so hard to do on the knees. No one could do it properly and they asked Sensei to come over and demonstrate. Even after Sensei showed us, we were all left scratching our head.....I hope he doesn't call it at the Grading !!!

Generally I feel good about the whole week.
I have another week of training and then the Sogo Shinsa on 20 December 2003. OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home